February 22, 2013
Vegetable Cultivation: Summer and monsoon Vegetables 24th feb dadar
Post workshop participants can be well geared to successfully grow their summer & monsoon vegetables & be able to plan & harvest a much better yield for the coming season.
• Understanding the weather and soil conditions in summer
• Vegetables suitable for growing during summer
• Amazing beans with maize, symbiosis.
• Ladyfingers and the Green Thumb
• Amaranthus, food of the Inca and Maya gods.
• Chili and coriander with a dash of mint
• Cucurbits as cool as cucumber
• How to test seed germination with a paper tissue
• Raised beds, basins and furrows
• Sowing seeds.
• Seed dressing with Rhizobium
• Managing insects and fungi
• Maturity indices for harvesting
The workshop will be conducted by Mr. Miguel Braganza, Convener–South Asia of Intercontinental Network of Organic Farmer’s Organizations (www.ifoam.org/inofo) & Secretary of Participatory Guarantee Systems (PGS) Organic Council, Additional Director of (OFAI) Organic Farmers Association of India, from Goa.
DATE: Sunday, 24th February,2013
VENUE: DADAR WEST
FEES: Rs. 1000/- (inclusive materials)
Last date to register 20th february,2013
HURRY LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE!
For directions contact 9833390878 smita.
For online NEFT transfer the account details are as under:
Name of Account: Earthoholics
Ac Number: 005705500213
NEFT/RTGS IFSC Code: ICIC0000057